Site designed by Hembex Ltd on behalf of the UK Wind Engineering Society. © 2015 & 2016
The 12th UK Conference on Wind Engineering WES2016 will explore developments, projects, and techniques from the field of wind engineering.
Interest in these conferences is strong, typically attracting over sixty delegates, including several from overseas reflecting the widespread expertise and interest in the topic world-
The format of the conference will include invited lectures to review key areas and stimulate discussion within the sessions. Other papers will be selected for presentation by the Scientific Committee and will be presented in single sessions. The conference will run from lunchtime on the 5 September to lunchtime on the 7 September -
The UK Wind Engineering Society has organised biennial conferences since 1992, and they have developed a well-
Wind Engineering is a wide ranging multi-
Any topic that falls into this definition of wind engineering may be proposed for presentation at the conference. We are especially keen to encourage both original research and also the practical application of wind engineering in the built environment.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to,
• The structure of boundary layer winds.
• Classification, identification and description of severe storms.
• Wind loads on buildings and structures.
• Wind effects in urban areas including building climatology.
• Wind energy.
• Ventilation of buildings.
• Transportation, entrainment and deposition of pollutants and particulate matter.
• Full scale measurements. Physical and numerical modelling methods.
• Vehicle aerodynamics, including train and ship stability problems.
• Tunnel airflow problems.